Website Rates + Process
The information below applies to website projects booked in 2019
Website base fee ........ $2,000
Each additional page ........ $150
WEBSITE PROJECT SCHEDULE
Website projects unfold as follows:
- Decide which site builder to use: I use browser-based site builders to create your websites, because it's the most user-friendly way to pass your website over to you once I've done building it. I primarily build with Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, and occasionally Wordpress. Let's talk more about what features you would like your website to have and I can make a recommendation as to the best site builder for you.
- Site structure: Over the phone or email, we'll decide what the page structure of the website will be. If you don't already know what you want the site structure will be, I recommend poking around on similar/competitor websites and see how they structure their page outline. The structure also determines what menu tabs are present in the navigation. Typical pages might have pages such as: Home, Services, Get Involved, Our Story, Projects, Classes, Services, Blog, Resources, etc. Once the site structure is figured out, you'll have a guide for compiling content for each page.
- Compile content: Content refers to all the information on your website. This is usually photos and text. Use the site structure (above) as your guide to write out paragraphs of text for each page, as well as pick out banner images to represent the content on each page. Depending on the content of your website, you might also want to compile head shots of you or your team for a "Meet the Team" page. Don't forget to track down a digital version of your logo so I can put it in the header! If you don't have great photos of the work you do, let's talk more about adding some photography services to this project.
You might also want to compile YouTube videos or other media you have.
If you already own the domain (www.yoursitename.com), I'll need access to the registrar (usually someone like GoDaddy), so I can connect your website to the domain. If you haven't purchased a domain yet, no worries! It's even easier for me to do that for you through the site builder. And that way you'll only have one annual fee to pay for your domain and your site builder membership.
- Build website: I'll take it from there and build out a first draft of the website using the content you send me. I'll plug your images and text into page layouts, calls to action, etc. This first draft will look and feel much like the final site. I'll send you a link to click through it and compile your first round of feedback, which you'll send over to me via email. We can also have a phone call to talk through what you'd like to tweak and/or add.
- First round of edits: I'll apply all your edits and send you the link to view the site again. We'll repeat the process of you giving me feedback for a final round of edits.
- Second (final) round of edits: Once I apply these edits, your site will be ready to go live
- Go live!
- Website pass off meeting: You and I will sit down in person so I can show you how to login to edit your website and make basic edits, such as changing banner images and text. After that, the site is all yours and I'm closed out on the project. I'm of course always available on an hourly basis to help out with edits and updates, but you should be able to handle the basics yourself.
I'll send you a final invoice at the end of the project.