Cecily Breeding Creative Website Rates
Last updated March 2015.
Website projects start at $1,500 for a 5-page site that does not include additional services (such as branding and photography). Because each website project is different, all website projects will require a proposal that addresses the following:
- What is the issue?
- What does the client need?
- Outline of content. Page titles and brief content summaries organized in outline format. Typical pages on most sites (depending on type of organization and purpose of site): about, contact, mission, get involved, schedule, services, donate.
- Method for building site (Wix, Weebly, SquareSpace, 22slides, Showit or other CMS). Include cost of plan for the chosen method.
- Maintenance. After the completion date, who will maintain the site? Will Cecily train someone to maintain the site? Will Cecily maintain the site? If so, how many updates per year will Cecily offer? What will updates cost? How much work is involved in an update?
- Time frame. What is the start date? What is the completion date? Strict deadlines or short time frames will incur additional fees. Checkpoints along the development process.
- Number of edits. How will feedback be collected and communicated to Cecily? Will Cecily apply those edits daily? Weekly? Based on check points?
- Additional services. Does the website project include branding or rebranding? Does the website project include photography? Does the website project include videography? Does the website project include social media strategy? Does the website project include copy writing?
- Management. Who is the point person (the fewer the better)? What is the best way to communicate with the point person? Number of meetings. Meeting schedule. Ideally the point person will also be in charge of future maintenance and has a background or interest in PR, design, marketing, etc.
- What assets in the client providing for this project? Photographs? Copy? Is there already content on an existing site? What is the timeframe for things the client provides?
- Estimate. Total cost = cost of the website project plus any other additional services
- Payment. 50% due at start date; 50% due at completion date.
- What should the client do now to (A) get the ball rolling or (B) revise the proposal?